Team Shan Board of Directors, officers and members will comply with all Federal and Regional protection of privacy legislation in the operations of Team Shan activities and record keeping including electronic documentation.
Team Shan Board of Directors, officers and members will be transparent and accountable in how confidential information provided is managed.
- Team Shan will always consider donor and volunteer information to be personal information, and will not disclose information about donors or volunteers without consent.
- Team Shan will obtain consent from individuals for the collection of personal information and the proposed use of the information. Consent will be obtained before disclosing personal information to anyone outside the organization. An individual may consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information either expressly of impliedly. Consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing.
- Team Shan will collect only the minimum information needed to carry out Team Shan activities and the information collected will only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, except where required by law.
- Team Shan will retain personal information only for the time necessary to carry out the purposes for which it was collected.
- Team Shan is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of its directors, officers and members.